The last time I posted was at 20 weeks. Feels like so much time has gone by since then. I’ve been off work for the past week, wanted to do a few more extras before officially going on maternity leave, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. So I am now officially off work, and I’ve had time to get back into social media, which I’ve neglected so badly. And so many things have changed. Part of me wonders if it’s worth is keeping a blog – seems so old school now, especially since my website doesn’t seem to have any clear focus anymore. Perhaps I should keep it for random thoughts?
I don’t really have much to say at all. I just feel I should use this space more often.
So what’s happening lately?
- I’m starting a set of nights today… Only they didn’t have cover from 17:00-21:00 tonight, so I’m doing a 17:00-9:00 shift today
- Meeting my supervisor in the morning to go over the craptastic ePortfolio, which is a piece of shit way of documenting your work throughout training so that you can “graduate” when the time comes
- Flying out in a week – to Canada – I can’t wait!
- I’m getting close to reaching my personal goal of having reduced my educational debts to half. Yes, HALF! This is something else I can’t wait for!
- I must work on my to-do list… it’s just so hard to get started
- I’ve slowly created another locum wishlist… this is pretty and expensive toys I want but should not dip into my regular budget for, therefore I work extra shifts to afford extra things
- Recently I’ve extended my domain name subscriptions and hosting… I can’t remember was I was paying before but I feel like prices have skyrocketed! And I didn’t have the lovely option of paying for a domain name for 10 years in advance like I have with others.
I think that’s it. I had started making a theme a few years ago… It’s still sitting on my desktop with a few PHP kinks I need to work out. At this rate, I don’t even know what’s new in the world of PHP so my theme may be completely outdated… I’ve got an exam coming up in April/May, but maybe after that I can start coding again.
I’m really awful at updating, I know. Since my last post in July, I’ve moved up the ladder at work and am now a GP trainee. One of my closest friends from medical school works with me in the same program and in the same hospital. I bought a car. I upgraded my iPhone (finally). And I’ve probably gained a good 20lbs.
I’ve also applied for the MCCQE1, which I will be tackling in April/May. Studying starts now (just spent a lovely $200 on a Q-bank).
I continue to toy with the idea of writing the Canadian exams to give it a shot to apply to Canadian residency. On the other hand, I finish all my training here in less than 3 years now and I can look towards a fellowship in EM in Canada instead (with a part time role as a surgical assistant)… So many opportunities.
I was obsessed with Candy Crush and Soda Saga previously. So I deleted the apps off my phone. Thought it better to get rid of games and spend my time on social media.
Then I realized I still had solitaire and briscola on my phone. So now I go between playing those in my spare time. It might actually be time to delete them as well.
I am just obsessed with being on my phone… Too obsessed.
Goal for the week is to stop looking down and instead look around to see what’s happening around me.
A week swept by in a flash and I am finding myself back in London. I had turned off all my heat before I left, so I came back to an igloo! Currently warming up the place and tidying up. Back to work on Friday so I get to enjoy a little bit of time off still.