I don’t really have much to say at all. I just feel I should use this space more often.
So what’s happening lately?
- I’m starting a set of nights today… Only they didn’t have cover from 17:00-21:00 tonight, so I’m doing a 17:00-9:00 shift today
- Meeting my supervisor in the morning to go over the craptastic ePortfolio, which is a piece of shit way of documenting your work throughout training so that you can “graduate” when the time comes
- Flying out in a week – to Canada – I can’t wait!
- I’m getting close to reaching my personal goal of having reduced my educational debts to half. Yes, HALF! This is something else I can’t wait for!
- I must work on my to-do list… it’s just so hard to get started
- I’ve slowly created another locum wishlist… this is pretty and expensive toys I want but should not dip into my regular budget for, therefore I work extra shifts to afford extra things
- Recently I’ve extended my domain name subscriptions and hosting… I can’t remember was I was paying before but I feel like prices have skyrocketed! And I didn’t have the lovely option of paying for a domain name for 10 years in advance like I have with others.
I think that’s it. I had started making a theme a few years ago… It’s still sitting on my desktop with a few PHP kinks I need to work out. At this rate, I don’t even know what’s new in the world of PHP so my theme may be completely outdated… I’ve got an exam coming up in April/May, but maybe after that I can start coding again.
I actually feel like writing more! I did spiff up the layout just a tad, but I really don’t like the overall scheme, so I will code something new and exciting eventually! And I say eventually, because I might start working on it tonight and have it finished by tomorrow, or I might put it off until I have time in a week, or a month, or a few months. If I had to make bets, I’d go with the latter.
I do have three important things on my to do list, however, and I just can’t seem to want to get them done.
- Study for the Situational Judgement Test that I have coming up in December. I bought a book with 250 scenarios, and I’ve made it to like 190 or maybe even 200 at this point, but I’ve been slacking off. I wanted to be going through it a second time right now. Oh well, slow and steady – I guess.
- Write up a research proposal. I think I was supposed to do this in September. Yup. Pretty sure it was then. I was on my pediatrics elective and made a discovery that really enticed by attending and he told me I should research it a bit more and perhaps write up my own research proposal so that we can conduct trials in the hospital. — Do you have any idea how hard this is to do ?!? I seriously have no motivation to get this thing STARTED, but I really want it done already…
- Go through a powerpoint presentation that is like 200 slides long, which only covers thyroid and parathyroid cancers. 200 slides! My current attending on my surgery elective ran out of time to lecture me, so he gave me a flashdrive with his notes instead. I feel like this will be my top priority this weekend, and this may be the one thing I actually get done.
In other news, here’s me promising a new layout is coming: So I’m going to start working on putting a new layout together! And here’s me promising more blogs: I’m going to blog everyday from now on! Yeah – although I’d love to have something new and interesting to throw up on here, my life is actually quite boring. And hell, even if I wanted to write crap just for shits, I’m either too tired, busy googling (read: procrastinating) other random things, or coming up with so many interesting things to write about in my head to the point where actually writing them tires me out.
I’ve recently started down writing everything I have to do. And by that, I mean EVERYTHING! And it really helps – partly because I’m so forgetful. But also because it motivates me to take a look at all the simple things I have to do and it makes me work. Otherwise, I’d go about my usual business of forgetting what I was going to do and doing nothing. Wasting time – what I do best.
I did use my iPad as a to-do list before, but I gave up on that quickly. There’s some sort of personal gratification I get from physically writing things down on a piece of paper and then highlighting them off once they’re complete. Satisfaction!
Maybe I should add “code a new layout” to my list as well. But I know that won’t get done for a while… Do you use a to-do list? Is it paper-based or have you gone to using technology? If you’ve happened to stumble upon this and are reading, leave a comment, yo!
Note: I’m trying my hardest to get back into blogging. I’ve been out of it for a while, and I feel as though I’ve lost my sense of writing. So my phrases may seem odd and grammatically wrong. And I’ll probably be using a lot of the same interjections over and over again. But give me time. I’ll remember bits and pieces of creative writing once more. Oh, and I’ll also try to post some more thoughtful posts.